Inauguration of IBM Software Lab
IBM and Usharama College of Engineering & Technology have collaborated to set up an IBM Software Lab for Emerginging Technologies Lab in the campus to help students and faculty members enhance their skills in areas of Cloud, Mobility, Analytics and Cyber Security. The aim is to develop sufficient industry needed skills for manpower on critical emerging technology areas such as Cloud, Mobility, Analytics and Cyber Security.
- An innovative curriculum has been developed for the programs and will be delivered by IBM designated subject matter experts and Usharama College of Engineering & Technology faculty jointly. The curriculum caters to the various skill requirements of organizations across the world including Banks, Computer Services, Education, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and other industries.
- IBM designated experts will be available at the Usharama College of Engineering & Technology to conduct classes face to face, to ensure that the knowledge and skills are imparted effectively.
- An IBM Software Lab for Emerginging Technologies Lab has been setup at the campus. In this Lab, IBM has provided relevant IBM software & curriculum content for courses.
- The programs bring together the current software content, real-world industry experiences, hands on lab courses, industry practices and case studies for the participants
- IBM is conducting various faculty development programs to ensure the Usharama College of Engineering & Technology has strong capabilities in the emerging technology areas.
- The Usharama College of Engineering & Technology faculty will be able to use the IBM software in the lab for their non-commercial research interests
- A joint committee has been setup between the Usharama College of Engineering & Technology and IBM that will continuously recommend on course curriculum, content, delivery etc. The Committee will monitor and review the activities under these Programs and recommend decisions with respect to any aspect regarding programs.
- While each program participant will receive the printed course material from IBM, they will have access to various IBM online forums for additional study material and resources to interact with experts & participate in discussions.
- The participants will receive certification from IBM at the completion of the course
- Experts from IBM will provide real world challenges/cases for project experience and also mentor the students throughout the various phases of these projects
- IBM will provide the opportunity to students to participate in various National/International award winning contests including IBM's The Great Mind Challenge (a Limca Book of records holder for three years)