Photo and Film Club
Mission Statement : The Photography Club provides an informal, friendly, and supportive environment for photographers at all levels of experience and with interests in all types of photographic imagery. The club fosters and encourages growth of artistic vision and technical knowledge, exploring the connection between the eye, the camera, and the spirit. Members share ideas and knowledge with each other and help to promote interest in photography in the community through exhibitions and other events. The movie / film club encourages the students in story writing, scripting and direction along with motion picture development. It lets the students ooze with creativity at every step thereby letting off from the pressure of studies and other core related activities.
Members : The Club has about 25 members, who come from all departments, from beginners to professionals. Membership is open to anyone with a vision. Members use digital, film, point & shoot, rangefinder, video, pinhole cameras, and cell phones. It is not even necessary to own a camera, just have an interest in photography & film making.
Monthly Meetings : The monthly meetings are free and open to the departments. Anyone is welcome to come and try out the Club. The meetings are on the first Saturday of every month, 3:15 p.m., at the library discussion room.
Activities : Club activities are planned at an annual meeting held in June 2nd week, with input and decision making by all members who wish to participate. The club coordinators makes arrangements for and implements the planned activities.
Minor Event -1
State level Spot Photography Saturday 18th August-2018
August 19 is observed as "World Photography Day", which aims to inspire photographers across the planet to share a single photo with a simple purpose: to share their view with the world. Here is a look at photography over the years
Minor Event -2
District level short film contest Saturday 22nd December -2018
Minor Event -3
State level short film Festival Tuesday 10th January-2019
CLUB IN CHARGES
Photography in-charge : E. Ramakrishna Reddy-ECE
Short Film in-charge : Dr. P V Dharmarajan-T&P
Staff C0-Ordinators : Dr.R.Vijay - S&H, A.Balaji-EEE
|NAME OF THE STUDENT||YEAR||DEPT|
|V.MOHANA NAGA SAI||II||CIVIL|
|CH. HARI BABU||III||MECH|
|A.MOHANA NAGA SAI||IV||CIVIL|
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Entries should not exceed 25 minutes in duration including all titles and credits.
2) Only films completed on or after 1st January 2018 are eligible for entry into the 2018-2019 Festival competitions.
3) Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4) If the film is not in English, then it must have hard coded English subtitles.
5) PFC reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question PFC about their decision, you can contact us by email at email@example.com
6) All submissions are screened and evaluated by the PFC Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas. These films will be screened numerous times throughout the festival. Due to the amount of films we receive only the top scoring films will go through into the competition.
7) In the event of a film being withdrawn, PFC will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
8) PFC will determine the date and time when submissions will be screened. PFC cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after the festival line-up is announced.
9) Participation in PFC grants us the authorization to show the entered film on our PFC secure Intranet network. All short films must be registered with PFC for the Usha Rama College of Engineering & Technology.
10) A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, see our website (..........). Please ensure your film is ready to send to us at the time of entry.
11) One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
12) Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of PFC. The Festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
13) If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, PFC will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
14) The submission of a film to PFC will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.
15) WE WOULD LIKE TO ENSURE THAT THE JUDGES VIEW YOUR FILM IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE SO WILL ONLY ACCEPT FINAL CUTS. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR FILM IS READY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
16) Once we have received your Film, Photo(s), Fee and Form you will receive an email confirming your entry is ?In Consideration?. Please note that unless we receive ALL these items your entry is NOT confirmed.
17) All movies must be .AVI, WMA, MPEG format.