Women Empowerment and Grievance Cell (WEGC)
Women Empowerment & Grievance Cell (WEGC) of URCET is a counselling and readdressal centre for the women members in the campus where they can develop the passion of excelling themselves in their interested fields without any gender bias and discrimination.
- To provide information regarding support services in the college campus.
- To address and solve the complaints of the women students confidentially.
- To promote awareness about sexual harassment in their daily life formally or informally.
- To encourage and develop the entrepreneurial skill in women through seminars and workshops.
- To empower women in the Institution toward various educational, cultural, economic and social activities by conducting debate, essay competitions and women's day celebrations by inviting eminent personalities from different fields.
- To support women students even after completion of their studies in URCET.
- Helping and encouraging the poor girl students in surrounding villages as their social responsibility.
Role and responsibilities of WEGC (URCET) faculty representative
- To periodically organize guest lectures in the concerned areas such as health, legal, career and social aspects by inviting eminent personalities in that area.
- To monitor and counsel women students of their department, in the case of requirement.
- To bring awareness among women about government support services and college support services.
- To conduct competitions such as presentations, elocution, essay writing and painting to encourage women students to express their ideas.
Role and responsibilities of Student in charges
- To spread the objectives of WEGC among the women students.
- To participate actively in the events and competitions organized by the cell and encourage other women students to participate.
- To interact regularly with the women students of the class.
- To bring to the notice of the faculty representative of their respective department, if any gender specific issue arises among the women students
How to reach us
Any women student of URCET can contact WEGC members either in phone or through email about their problem where it can be solved highly confidentially.
STAFF MEMBERS OF WEGC FOR THE YEAR 2015-2016
STUDENT INCHRGES FOR WEGC FOR THE YEAR 2015-16
|1||M.Anusree,Over all incharge||III CSE|
|6||B.Navya Sri||I IT|
|7||CH.Naga Lakshmi||I EEE|