Report on Industrial visit to Delta Sugar Ltd
Visited : Delta Sugar Ltd
Date : 14-12-2016
Branch : EEE Department
We IIIrd Year EEE-Department students visited Delta Sugar Ltd. Hanuman Junction, Krishna District, Vijayawada on 14-12-2016.
In this process, we have observed...
- Sugar Cane receiving and unloading means receive the cane at the factory and unload it from the transport vehicles.
- Sugar Cane preparation means cutting and shredding cane to prepare it for juice extraction.
- Juice extraction common use is milling.
- Juice clarification means remove suspended solids from the juice, typically mud, waxes.
- Juice evaporation (to concentrate the juice to a thick syrup of about 65�brix.
- Separation of the sugar crystals from the mother liquor, most done by centrifugal machines
- Sugar drying
- Packaging and delivery
Energy in The Sugar Mill :
The remaining fibrous solids, called bagasse, are burned for fuel in the mill's steam boilers. These boilers produce high-pressure steam, which is passed through a turbine to generate electrical energy.
The exhaust steam from the turbine is passed through the multiple effect evaporator station and used to heat vacuum pans in the crystallization stage as well as for other heating purposes in the sugar mill.
Bagasse makes a sugar mill more than energy self-sufficient; surplus bagasse goes in animal feed, in paper manufacture, or to generate electricity for sale.